Course Duration: One Day
Who should attend? This workshop is designed for anyone who wishes to improve their commercial awareness and develop their ability to identify business opportunities.
This one-day practical workshop is designed to increase commercial awareness and an understanding of the concepts of creating value within the authority. Participants will explore revenue streams available to a council and how income can be generated across the organisation. The workshop will also cover financial terminology and how to interpret and understand financial statements.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
– Define how finance fits with the overall strategy of the council
– Understand key financial terminology
– Appreciate the authority’s financial position – Income, Expenditure, Balance Sheet
– Interpret and understand the authority’s financial statements from a commercial perceptive
– Explain revenue steams available to a council and how income can be generated across the organisation
– identify key performance drivers within the council
– Strategy & finance
– Financial Terminology
– Authority’s financial position - Income, Expenditure, Balance Sheet
– Interpreting Financial Statements: what does good look like?
– Income generation constraints & opportunities
– Case study scenario - potential options for generating income available to a council
– Commercial application of income generation options including social enterprises and private sector partnerships
– You would be asked to create list of actions that you can take forward as a result of the training.